Several staff from the Global Hydrology Resource Center Distributed Active Archive Center (GHRC DAAC) attended the Federation of Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) Summer Meeting held July 19-22 in Durham, North Carolina. All benefited from informative sessions and productive face-to-face meetings with colleagues. Highlights include:
- Amanda Weigel, GHRC science research associate and ESIP Raskin Scholar, presented her research on tornadoes in the plenary session.
- Ajinkya Kulkarni, lead web developer for GHRC, led a session on Drupal 8.
- Manil Maskey, GHRC system architect, presented his work in "Automated analysis workflows for Earth science events using parameter level relevancy" at the Deep Data session.
- DAAC operations manager Helen Conover represented GHRC at the Council of Data Facilities (CDF) annual meeting held in conjunction with ESIP.
- Conover and science research associate Kaylin Bugbee presented a poster and an interactive demonstration at the Research as Art session.